Sunday, October 25, 2009

WHO'S WHO??

We didn't know whether the boys were identical or fraternal throughout my pregnancy ~ we had been told either was possible (they were in seperate sacs but the doctors weren't sure if I had one placenta or two that had grown together).  After they were born, the doctors still didn't have any answers and no one offered a DNA test.  We had debates back and forth about whether they were identical or not.  I saw differences and could tell them apart, most of the time.  Chris was better at it than I was.  Many times I'd have to ask him who was who in pictures!! LOL  As they grew a little more I could tell them apart almost immediately and thought they must be fraternal since they had very suble differences ... everyone else thought they were identical :)  I was hoping that, as the MOM, I was right.  In August '09, the results of an at-home DNA cheek swab test kit proved me wrong!  They're identical.  At least the test said there was greater than a 99% chance they're identical.  That's a high enough percentage for me to believe it.

Well, yesterday I had one of those "who's who" moments:
Both boys were on the floor playing, Jack in the boppy & Nick on the floor.  It was time for Nick to eat so Chris took him in to the nursery to change his diaper.  When he was done, both boys were on the floor again and when I was ready to feed Nick I picked him up from the floor, took him to the table and put a bib on.  Chris asked from the other room "aren't you feeding Nick?"  I looked at him like "Uh, YAH, what do you think I'm doing?" and then he said "Then why do you have Jack?"  OOPS!!  Well, whether Chris was trying to play a joke or not, he put Jack on the floor where Nick was and placed Nick in the boppy where Jack had been playing and I got them confused!!  What a goof.  It was just one of those moments.  And right then and there I knew that they were going to be able to trick their teachers (and maybe their friends, grandparents, and God forbid, their parents!!) when they're older!  Yikes.


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog...about my babies!! Thank you so much for bringing these 2 miracles to life. Gma Diane.

    ReplyDelete