Sunday, October 25, 2009

BEDTIME FROWNS & MORNING SMILES

For the past few weeks, bedtime has not been nice to us.  The boys are having a very difficult time w/ settling down for bed. They are generally in their cribs by 6pm or 6:30pm, go to sleep within 10 min or so but then they are stirring, crying, screaming, etc. on and off until about 8:30pm or 9pm - and then they sleep until anywhere from 5am to 7am. We have tried letting them cry, but usually we go in and give them their pacifiers and leave the room ... sometimes we have to pick them up to burp them because of their reflux issues (but then we put them back down in their cribs) and we've also started giving them the teething tablets just in case it's those pesky, painful toofers.  It's also hard to let them "cry it out" because it wakes the other baby and they're very persistant if they want/need something.  By the time they are asleep for good we're both exhausted by the 2-3 hour bedtime drama.  I am somewhat at a loss for the cause because they do great at naptime ~ they go down easy & sleep for an hour or two.  I'm praying that this is a temporary problem ~ momma needs some down time!!

The best thing after bedtime is morning time and the big, glowing smiles I get when they wake up!  I wish I had a video camera built into my eyes because I don't think a picture can capture that love ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment