Sunday, September 2, 2007

We're heeeerrreeeee ...

A very quick note\update to let you all know that we arrived safe and sound ... and tired. I believe that it is now 12pm on Sunday afternoon at home. It is 9pm on Sunday for us and we've only had little naps since we woke up at 6am Saturday!! Needless to say, we're off to bed very soon. All of our flights were GREAT, very little turbulance and wonderful customer service. We even arrived early at both Amsterdam and Helsinki. When we landed for our transfer in Amsterdam we had time to take a train from the airport to the city center - we walked around for about 10 min, took quick pics and headed back to the airport. We were so confused when trying to buy tickets from the kiosk that we just got on the train and the "ticketman" let us ride to the city for free. We did buy tickets back into the airport but no one checked - so if ever you're in Amsterdam, just get on and ride until someone asks you for a ticket :) Mette picked us up at the airport right on time and brought us back to her home. It was so great to see the Finnish countryside and foreign language signs again. A little bit came back to me as we were driving but most of it looks like jumblings. Mette had cooked dinner for us and everything. I had forgotten how good the food was here and now I'm going to bring the recipes home with me! Tomorrow we will visit Tampere and Hameenlinna in Finland before heading off to the summer cottage. We probably won't be able to update you on our excursions until after returning to civilization (power outlets) on Wednesday or Thursday :) Hope all is well, enjoy the holiday Monday! The Fields

7 comments:

  1. Sooooooo glad to hear from you, yes it's about 12:15 p.m. our time on Sunday afternoon. Dad and I just finished watching a t.v.infomercial on Hip-Hop abs and now we're worn out! Just kidding. It's beautiful out soI'm going to work in the gardenbriefly and then go into Roseburg for some gravel. Am re-doing the side yard near our bedroom with pea-gravel instead of bark and putting in different pots(the fiberglass kind that won't crack during the cold or rot with the rain!). Sounds like you're having fun and a summer cottage, WOW! It must be wonderful. thanks for updating us, Love Margie & Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the flights were great - please tell Mette, Sari & Kassu hello for me.. send pix when you can. We are busy recording the Justin Timberlake concert for you.. and Rico is recording a "no reservations" episode- I love the DVR. Reagan went to breakfast with us at Bella Bru and met another IG...they were good dogs and sat quietly. Then he went to Lowe's and OSH. We've searched all over for a replacement toilet lid and found one online for $139 - Geezzz, we can buy a new toilet for $99.. Oh well, quite a busy day for Reagan. He's sleeping it off while I cook wild salmon and rice for dinner. I went to Michael's and bought some flowers - making a boquet for the guest bathroom. It turned out great. Love and miss you both... it's 103 here today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, has it been three weeks yet... lol! Let's see,Bella misses her Auntie Jenn,Jacob is busy being a tornado, and I just miss you darn it. Your Mom picked me up and we headed of to bunko at MJ's house. Had a wonderful time and even won $10 for the most losses. Always the loser, j/k. Finally able to open the windows for some fresh air this evening. Spent time in Bella's class today, it was so much fun. Probably not as much fun as your having but I will take what I can get. :P
    TTFN your best friend misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG...OMG!!!!!! did you know Rachelle is expecting? I just saw the ultrasound. Did you know and didn't tell me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone at small goup BUNKO says hello - they all laughed when I told them the summer house has no running water and outside facilities - the thought of you, without the comforts of home somehow had them in hysterics - hmmmm, I wonder why!!!!! Even I smile just thinking about it…

    I miss you and hope you are having a wonderful time…. Happy birthday tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Best Friend!!!! Gosh we sure miss you here and can't wait until you get back to celebrate your birthday. Looking forward to hearing about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y JENN! Who would have guessed oh so many years ago that you'd have 2 birthdays in Suomi? Really! how wonderful a life you have- I hope you are celebrating and enjoying the day, because I'm not. I miss you!! Want to have lunch? LOL I'm going to sushi today in your honor. Have a great day.... we love you, LOTS and always

    ReplyDelete