Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving.  This is one of my favorite holidays and, following tradition, we spent it with my parents in Sacramento.  My mom and I usually spend the day before Thanksgiving in the kitchen together but since I have two 7 month olds she would not let me do anything this year (or last year for that matter since I was pregnant w/ the twins).  She wouldn't even let me bring a pumpkin pie!!  Can you say spoiled!  In all honesty, I've missed our time together preparing the Thanksgiving meal, but, at the same time, I think it would be more of a distraction if I was there w/ the boys! So, when we got to her house we filled our bellies with turkey, green bean casserole - her best to date I might add, sweet potatoes, stuffing, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, and lots and lots of pie!  We had enough pie to feed the neighborhood.  Pumpkin, Pecan, Cherry and Mixed Berry!  Mmmmm  In addition to all the food, we enjoyed a movie together - Four Christmases - and took a bagillion pictures of the boys on their first Thanksgiving!  It was a great day.  We have so much to be thankful for - most of all our wonderful family!









I'm just now realizing as I add photos to this post that I didn't take any pictures of our delicious meal.  Sorry Mom!  It was really good and very much appreciated.  We missed many of the "regulars" - friends and family that weren't able to make it this year - but it was great to spend a calm and relaxing day with our family.  Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful day - relaxing, eating, laughing, and most of all - sharing together all our blessings. Jenn, you are such a blessing to us all. YOU are a fabulous daughter, sister, wife, and mother. We are so thankful for YOU.

    ReplyDelete